7.30.2005

Pink Lemonade

This is my apron submission for Tie One On's July theme "Pink Lemonade."



I had so much fun with this. The pattern is a vintage 1940s Marian Martin and the embroidered fruits are from a vintage Vogart transfer pattern, modified slightly so the cranberry and lemon are holding hands. Actually the cranberry was originally a cherry but I wanted to stick to the recipe that Amy posted at the start of the theme.



I had planned to use just yellow and pink stripes but it turned out that I didn't have enough of the yellow and a quick cruise through the sale racks at Joann didn't yield any more. I know, I need to buy more of fabrics I really like. So I went to plan B and used another fabric in coordinating colors.

The best part (in my opinion) is the braided rick rack. I saw this on a photo of a vintage apron and loved it. As I braided the two colors it got kind of twisted up (and my cats had great fun "helping"), but it ironed flat in the end and looks very cool. Here's a closeup:



This apron has a button back waistband instead of the usual ties so I used a bright yellow vintage button.



Want to see more pink lemonade aprons? Check out the gallery. And I can't wait to get started on next months theme. Mini-me. As in mother and daughter. Since my mini-me is a cat this should be interesting!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

I gasped when I saw this! Absolute cuteness! I LOVE it!

kath red said...

this is gorgeous, what fabulous detail and pretty fabrics and trim

kay susan said...

This is just gorgeous. I love the way you used different prints. Thanks for the closeup of the ricrac, I wondered what it was, really neat idea.

Stephanie said...

My very favorite pink lemonade apron!

Gina E. said...

What a lot of work you put into this lovely apron - you aren't going to wear it, and risk spilling something on it now, are you?

tender arts said...

I just had to add my praise! Your apron is so unbelievably wonderful! I adore it!

Maggie Ann said...

Love your apron and the colors you used. The rickrack is adorable and so are the cranberry and lemon holding hands. How creative!!

Bryant said...

I know that it's really late, but I just saw it and I would like to buy the apron.

janet said...

Already gone, Bryant, sorry!