5.21.2009

shop update

First off—congratulations to Mandy Cowart who was chosen as one of the Happily Handmade winners from my shop's entries. Incredibly, there were about 14,000 entries in all, 445 from my shop alone. That has to be some kind of record! Thanks to everyone who participated in the contest!

Secondly, I have two new products to introduce. While I haven't been blogging much lately, I have been working very hard.

Zippered Bags

zippered bag

Cute little bags made from the same vintage and vintage-inspired fabrics that Primrose Design is known for. Each has a colorful zipper across the top and is lined with a coordinating fabric. The one shown here is made from a vintage fabric with little girls and is lined with a peach/coral and white polka dot fabric. There are six up on my website now and I'll be adding more soon, and probably some to my Etsy shop as well. And I'm happy to report that I've conquered my fear of sewing zippers! Binding is the next phobia I'll be working on :)

Recipe Cards

recipe cards

This is a natural with my aprons and vintage kitchen items and I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. I've used a cool vintage black line illustration of a girl cooking and provided lines for writing and space for a title, source, and number of servings. Very cute but I really love the packaging I came up with. Twenty cards wrapped with a strip of colorful scrapbook paper, tied with a ribbon and a flower-shaped tag (the same flower found in the print). A coordinating shopping pad is in the works, too.

And this is only the beginning—my head is filled with fun ideas for new products. Finding the time to do it all is the challenge :)

6 comments:

Melui said...

Thanks again! I can't wait to see more of your stuff.

-Mandy

Melody said...

Oh Janet, How cute. The recipe cards are a great add-on for the aprons.

Debbie said...

OMG I love them both!! That fabric on the zippered bag is to die for! I MUST check out the website later on. The recipe cards are adorable and I love the black and white. I used to have some nice ones and never replaced them. They are great to have when someone asks for a recipe aren't they? Cute ideas....but what else would one expect from a clever lady like you! Happy Memorial day from Maine!

janet said...

Unfortunately, the bag shown in this post sold very quickly and isn't available. But, I do have a little more of the fabric (wish I had yards and yards of it because it's really cool), and might be convinced to make another. Anyone who's interested can email me.

Susan from The T-Cozy said...

Love the recipe cards! (And I have a fear of zippers, too!)

sarah said...

these are way too cute! loves these!

hugs,
sarah.