first frost


If it didn't feel like the summer was over before, it does now. Thirty degrees this morning and our first hard frost.


Everything in the garden looked so pretty—like it was edged with white lace. So sad that it will all be dead by tonight.

Even though it's a work holiday for most, and my birthday(!) I'll still be working today. I spent yesterday antiquing in Lewisburg, PA, and have some cool things to show you. A half hour into the drive I realized I'd left my camera on the kitchen table, so there won't be any photos from the trip but I can show you what I bought and tell you about the places we went to. Look for that tomorrow. And happy Columbus Day!


blushing rose said...

I'd be out there with the hose hosing everything off to keep for a few more days ... many a year I do this ... hang on to the very end, I do.

Have a wonderful crisp autumn day. TTFN ~Marydon

greenbuttonstudio said...

Thank you for the gorgeous pictures... they made my morning! I live in sunny SoCal and need some fall beauty in my life, I love frost!

Buttonchief7 said...

Your frosty pics were pretty. Thank you so much for the easy to master stitches . Told a fellow stitcher and she passed your blog on to a home ec teacher. Your instructions are better than Erica Wilson. Requested her book from the library and was much more impressed with your methods.We self-taught crafters truly do appreciate you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
We have had SNOW all day here. I would have much preferred the pretty frost. ;)

~Sarah in MN

{kimmymade} said...

Happy birthday!!