jumprope cats

I was in Philly for a few days, helping my jewelry designer friend with her annual catalog/line sheet, so didn't have complete access to the internet for posting. Not that there's much to say anyway. It's snowing again so I haven't been out of the house much. I'm craving a trip to the local antique places I like to visit—sometimes you can find great things during the winter when it's not-so-crowded. I've been organizing paperwork for taxes and cleaning up my studio—not too exciting either.

In the evenings we like to sit in our room with the wood stove. It's toasty warm and the cats like to gather around. I sometimes read but the past few nights I've been finishing up some almost-done embroidery projects. You know those ones that are 90% done because you were avoiding the difficult stitches or fine details. In this case it was noses and eyes.

Excuse the wrinkles. This is headed for an Oxyclean soak today; hopefully that little brown spot will come out!

This is the second of these pillowcases that I've done. The first became a pillow several years ago, and that's my plan for this one as well. Love those kitties, and this design is particularly cute!

Jumprope Cats
The first pillow with my attempt at making prairie points for the edge.


Mrs. Bick said...

Prairie Points! That's what those are called? The light quilt on my bed (embroidered by my mother, pieced together by HER mother) has those points. Interesting! Never knew what that style was called. Thanks!

smalltownmom said...

If these kitties become a pillow, can I buy it? I am in love with them already!

Mom Walds Place said...

Yay for finishing! It's really hard to regain the momentum needed for completion once a project is put aside.

Your first pillow is charming. Make sure to share photos of the second!

C. Dianne Zweig said...

Janet...so sweet.....Happy New Year...have you seen my blog...I am really getting the hang of it now...come visit...i have you on my blog roll...never looked am on yours?

Come say hello, Dianne/