time for tea

I'm the proud recipient of a T-Party Kindred Spirit Award! Susan has been bestowing this award for several years and this is how she explains the reason behind it:

Kindred Spirit Award"As part of this cozy blogging community...I have come across many people to whom I have similar interests; so much so that I consider them kindred spirits. They are the kind of folks that, if they lived around the corner, I would ask over for an impromptu cup of tea or a spontaneous trip to the flea market. They prefer vintage over new and collect unusual and sometimes silly items. In other words; they 'get it.'"

In her post about the award she has some very nice things to say about Primrose Design. I live about 4 hours from Susan and I'm terribly jealous that she lives so close to Elephant's Trunk flea market. So, I wish I lived closer, too. We'd have so much fun although, since we like the same kinds of things, we might have to fight for the same treasures :)

I recently helped Susan out by drafting a pattern from a very cute tea towel in her collection  and she's now offering the pattern for sale on her Kitsch Encounter blog. The design is mostly cross stitch with a few outline and lazy daisy stitches so would be perfect as a first embroidery project for a beginning embroiderer. I used the colors from the original for the pattern but you could easily change that up to match your own kitchen decor.

And that reminds me that I have many more of my own patterns to finish and get up on the website. I'll add it to my to-do list!


Mom Walds Place said...

Aha, that was you! Love the teapot pattern. You rightly deserve the award.

Melody said...

Congrats to an inspiration and a friend.

Susan from The T-Cozy said...


It was my pleasure to give you this award.

If you ever want to head back up this way for the Elephant's Trunk, just say the word. We'd have so much fun trolling for treasures. (And I promise, no fighting!)