5.06.2010

those pot holders, finally!

I'm driving to West Reading tomorrow to deliver a carload of products to Hello Bluebird. Lots of pillows, small accessories, and the new pot holders that I've been hinting about for the past few weeks. In spite of sewing machine problems due to the thickness and issues with the materials I used, I finally got them done and am happy with the results. See for yourself...

quilted pot holder

They're a great way to use up some of the small scraps of fabrics and linens I've been saving (this particular one has a section of linen towel, a piece from a vintage tablecloth, and scraps from a 1940s quilt that I took apart). The back is the same modern strawberry print as the bottom right corner.

pot holder fabrics

Alex will be a vendor at Art Star Craft Bazaar next weekend and will be taking some of my things with her to the show, including (I think) these pot holders.



In case you've never heard of it, the Art Star Craft Bazaar is an outdoor retail art/craft show that is juried by Philadelphia's Art Star Gallery & Boutique. More than a hundred artists have been chosen as vendors and they'll be setting up booths along the Delaware River waterfront at Penn's Landing (Great Plaza on Columbus Blvd. between Walnut and Chestnut Streets).

Expect to find high-quality handmade goods that are unique and a little bit quirky (kind of like Art Star itself) including housewares, paper goods, dolls, paintings and art prints, clothing and accessories, sculpture, and other one-of-a-kind goodies. The show is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, May 15th-16th from 11-6.

So, stop in to the Hello Bluebird booth and say hi to Alex. And I won't complain if you buy some of my things :)

Of course, this leaves me with no pot holders for my website. But, never fear, I'll be starting on a new batch next week. Look for them on my web site soon!

7 comments:

Annie said...

Janet!...Your potholder is just gorgeous!...I'm hoping I will be fast enough to buy one from your website before they are sold out!!...Have a great day!...Annie

Mom Walds Place said...

These are definitely worth all of the work that you put into them! The strawberry one is delightful. One of my teens just torched another one of my embroidered potholders.

I think they should make these! Then maybe I won't come home to charred remains in the driveway.

You are a very talented gal! The button shop looks great by the way.

smalltownmom said...

I can taste those strawberries right now! Beautiful.

Brenda said...

I love those potholders!!

Brenda

JZ in VA said...

Lovely potholders. A feast for the eyes.

Melody said...

Oh Janet! They turned out great!!
And, you know I have my whole kitchen in strawberries.

janet said...

I started choosing fabrics for another batch today and strawberries are at the top of the list! There will be other fruits, too :)