5.20.2010

Vintage Alphabet Party - G and H

G is for Grapes. Appliqued and embroidered ones that is. I don't collect grapes but seem to have lots of fruit-themed needlework and fabrics and I couldn't think of anything else for G!

appliqued grapes

embroidered grapes

And H is for Handkerchiefs, of course. I have tons of pretty ones and I've posted several on my Flickr page (click on any of the photos shown here to get there and to access larger versions of these pictures so you can see all the great detail) and you can find still more in past blog posts. This recent purchase has an unusual design that I really love.

birds and raspberries hanky

bird hanky closeup

v_alphabetJoin us for more Vintage Alphabet Party posts here.

4 comments:

Stacey Smith said...

Those are really beautiful.

C. Dianne Zweig said...

Whenever I visit..there is always lots of creative energy....thanks for the fun...Dianne

Mom Walds Place said...

The grapes are fun, but the birds are deilghtful!

I've never seen a design on a hanky with so much life and movement. You can almost hear the birds twittering and see them bouncing around. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Helen said...

I love the cross stitched grapes. It's such a summery look.

And your hanky is lovely. I bet it would be fun to embroider on the hanky to bring out some details. I think hankies are pretty enough to frame.