12.09.2012

Day 9: Mini Wallets

12 Days of Christmas

When I was in college, I'd always put my ID and cash in my pocket when I went out; I didn't want to lug a purse around with me all night. The problem with that is I'd always forget to clean out my pockets before doing laundry and I'd wind up with very clean cash and a ruined ID (which was paper at that time). How I wish I'd had something like these mini wallets. Pocket-sized but with plenty of functionality—an open pocket for cash, two slots for credit cards (or ID) and a deep opening behind for whatever you like.

mini wallet

Each is made from vintage or vintage-inpired fabrics and vintage buttons (both shown here are vintage), with a snap closure underneath. At the suggestion of a craft show customer I'm going to try these with velcro in the future. I did that originally but had trouble sewing the very tiny pieces needed so switched to snaps. I've since discovered sticky-back velcro "buttons" and I think it's worth looking into that option.

mini wallet

These would make cute stocking stuffers and a fun way to package gift cards. Just handing someone a gift card seems kind of impersonal to me. But slip one into a slot in these and you've got the perfect solution!

No comments: