4.02.2015

spring cleaning

It hasn't felt much like spring until today. We had snow on Monday, which would have been a nice April Fool's Day joke if it had happened a day later. What a strange winter it's been.

Even though spring is a bit late this year, I've been spring cleaning for weeks. Trying to make space in my studio and storage areas for new products. To help solve my lack of storage space, I'm having a sale on my website; no end date, just great ongoing deals.

Down on the Farm
Pillow with vintage cross-stitch farmer, carrot fabric, and carrot-shaped buttons.

All pillows are 50% off. These are older designs and pillows that I now have back from a shop that's closed. When I first started out I sold tons of pillows; not sure why they've become a slow seller for me but I want to work on some new designs and I just don't have anywhere to put them.

tissue cozy
Vintage fabric tissue cozy with stacked purple and yellow vintage buttons.

Tissue cozies are also something that sold really well for a while, but don't any longer; I'm discontinuing them and they're all marked down to 20% off.

New to the site is a clearance page. You'll find discontinued items (like my covered notebooks at 30% off), older styles (key fobs that are slightly too short to be called wristlets at 50% off), and a few zipper bags at 30% off.

I've also been destashing fabrics in my Etsy shop and moving vintage buttons from my website to my new Etsy shop—PrimroseButtons.

I don't want to sound too negative, like nothing is working. Business has an ebb and flow, customers get bored, I get tired of making some products, it's just the way things are. What is working well? My lavender sachets made from vintage handkerchiefs, buttons, and fabrics! They continue to be my best-selling product and I've added lots of new designs in time for spring. Mother's Day isn't far off and they make great gifts!

No comments: