9.23.2011

this could be dangerous

You might ask where I've been all this time, but I've just discovered treasuries on Etsy. I mean, I knew what they were and I've looked at some and even been featured on a few. But I never made one myself. It's incredibly addicting!

etsy treasury

In case you don't know how it works, you curate a collection of Etsy items based on a theme of your choosing (the one shown above was the color apple green), arrange the photos nicely, publish it, and wait for comments—most of which will be from the artists you featured thanking you for featuring them. I've done four in the last two days. It's the kind of thing that once you start it's hard to stop.

You really get a feel for what's out there in the craft community after spending an hour weeding the gorgeous handmade things from the um, not-so-gorgeous, assembled-rather-than-crafted stuff. Let me just say that there's an incredible amount of the gorgeous. And a great photo goes a long way, too.

You can see my treasuries here. And I have about twenty ideas for more. I'm never going to get any work done :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty. Another addiction thing is Pininterest - wow, one can get lost in all the pretty eye candy there.

janet said...

I signed up for that but haven't really checked it out much yet. Another pretty distraction :)