12.02.2005

Vintage French Soap Labels

Checking Ebay is one of my morning rituals. I keep tabs on the auctions I'm bidding on and see what's new from my favorite sellers. One of whom is paris-zakka. She's the one who had those great buttons I got last month. With free shipping, which was nice since she's in Belgium. (My package did take a few weeks to arrive - you should know that if you decide to bid). This month she has free shipping on vintage French soap labels. Now, I had no idea about these and how very cool they are. I'm afraid they may become a new addiction. Like I need another one. She has about 50 labels listed and the following are my favorites (it was really hard to chose just four).









Most of you may not know that I'm also a graphic designer, so I love things that are beautiful and well-designed. And I'm definitely loving these labels!

3 comments:

tlchang said...

Golly Janet, those labels are amazing! I *refuse* yet another thing to aquire (but I kind of hope you do, and then post! They're incredible! :-)

You have a very fun blog. Do you mind if I link to you on mine? Thanks for stopping by, btw. I'm glad your current projects look to be going well, are beautifully creative and seem to be fulfilling to you!

janet said...

I talked myself out of acquiring them for the moment, although I do think they're amazing. I spent enough on buttons from her last month and on holiday gifts this month.

Please do link to me. I'll add you to my friends list, too.

Anonymous said...

Very happy to see this lovely comment on our labels, thank you Janet ! Look out for the postman :-)