3.07.2010

latest vintage finds

It was nearly 50 degrees here yesterday. We still have plenty of snow—no matter how warm it is there's so much of it to melt and it's going to take a while. Since it was so nice and I've been feeling really cooped up the past few weeks, I made a spontaneous trip to the local antique mall. And came home with a bag full of great stuff.

A pair of Mr. and Mrs. embroidered cat pillowcases

mr. + mrs. cat

Two funny little embroidered farmers, done mostly in cross stitch

farmer

Lots and lots of hankies to make sachets with, but two that I don't think I'll be cutting up. Both are in autumn colors and I just love the designs. So modern!

leaves

flower dots

Some buttons, rick rack, aprons, embroidered napkins, and two vintage purses round out the batch. It was nice to get out and shop and I'm looking forward to all the upcoming events and trips farther afield to my favorite antique malls and flea markets this spring.

7 comments:

Linens Lace and Lattes said...

Good Stuff! Love the mr and mrs cat pillowcases. I know what you mean about being couped up all winter. I have only been to one estate auction this calendar year and am about to go c-r-a-z-y!
Have a good Sunday.
deb

Unknown said...

Glad you didn't lose power. We still have snow here too. Next week it's goin up to almost 60!...happy dance....but, even when it was snowing tulips were sprouting! This week I've notice tulips popping up and yesterday I noticed Weeping Willows, Maples, Magnolias, and Bradford Pear trees all sprouting buds! I think they're tired of winter too and are pushing spring to show up.
Went to our antique mall here too yesterday. It usually takes 3 hours to go thru. Was happy to see vendors were restocked. Found a few things too I'll show later.
Well, better get going...it's a lazy Sunday here...I'm gonna work on my tablescape for Tablescape Thursday (yes it takes that long for me to get it together..lol..)
Have a nice Sunday evening!

vintage flair1 said...

What gorgeous pillowcases!
Bridie x

MomWaldsPlace said...

Sometimes a person just needs to get out. Glad you found some goodies!

Rachel said...

Still hasn't got much above 10 or 12 here. Brrrrrr!
Still, the sun is shining so spring is on its way!

Ashley Schott said...

Great finds!! I love that Mr. and Mrs. cats! Adorable:)

Cheryl Miller said...

So cute, Janet. I always love your finds!--Cheryl