9.07.2006

Crocheted Pot Holders

One of my new favorite blogs is the purl bee and she has a great post today about vintage crochet pot holders. I don't collect them but I have this strawberry-shaped one from my grandmother.

strawberry potholder

It's had some use and a few stains that won't soak out, but I love the shape. I've never seen any like this in my travels, either a finished one or a pattern. And I don't know if she crocheted it herself, although it looks like something she would have done. Here's a closeup of the top.

strawberry potholder

The seeds are embroidered with six strands of black floss and the ring at the top is crocheted on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet,
Thanks for linking to the purl bee! The link you left on our blog wasn't working so I fixed it. Cute blog by the way! I'll be returning often.
Joelle

maggiegracecreates said...

My mom has one of these wonderful pot holders. I think she may even have the crochet pattern for it. I had forgotten until I saw this.
teresa