9.21.2006

Thrift Thursday 9.21

I haven't been thrifting for a couple of weeks but I was out today and took the long way home past a new favorite place called Melben's Mercantile in Nicholson, PA. It's a pretty drive up along Rt. 6 — the leaves are just beginning to change color and I got to see the famous (at least to railroad buffs) Tunkhannock Viaduct.

The shop is located on the main street in town and looks like it might have been a grocery store back in the day. Inside you'll find lots of small booths and a weird mix of country crafty things, collectibles, and antiques. Today I found a pretty rose-printed cotton bedspread with ruffles along the bottom for $10. Some cards of pearly pink and blue buttons for 50 cents each. And a bag of embroidery thread for 75 cents.

thrifty finds

All of which will be put to good use in future creations :)

As always, there's lots more Thrift Thursday here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those pearly pink buttons!

Molly Loves Paris said...

That is such a lovely bunch of stuff. I'd love to see what you make with it.