8.31.2007

on the road again

Maps printed - check
Cat sitter arranged for - check
Digital camera batteries charged - check
Bags packed - almost

Tomorrow is day one of the first real vacation I've taken in about five years. Since we bought our house actually. Because you know how that is—every free bit of time or money goes into the house. But, freelance work is going well, all my current projects are up to date, and I can afford to take a few days off.

This trip will involve delivery of pillows to shops, afternoon tea, flea market adventures, scenic drives, and dinner and lodging at an old inn that's been in operation since the 1700s. So I hope to have lots of fun posts and pics for next week. I always bring my digital camera on trips but often get so caught up in just being where I'm going that I forget to take pictures. I'll try to do a better job of it this time.

I've been seriously neglecting blogging lately and hope to get back to normal in September, including more Stitch School. Thanks to all of you who've stuck with me during my unplanned hiatus. Hope you all have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the vacation break. You deserve a rest and change of scenery. I look forward to future inspiring posts from you.

Junie Moon said...

Have a fabulous vacation!

urban bloom said...

hey janet! we haven't spoken in so long but i'm glad to read you're hard at work and taking a vacation : ).

talk soon i hope!
L

tlchang said...

It sounds like a fabulous (and much deserved!) break. Enjoy!