2.26.2009

you can never have too many cats

I've been really good about staying away from Ebay lately. Not that I don't still look but I'm more careful about what I bid on and how much I'm willing to spend. I lose more auctions, but that's OK. Sometimes my patience pays off and I win something great. Like this super cute stamped-for-embroidery linen towel.

teacup kittens

One thing I've learned is that I can always sell pillows with animals on them, especially cats and dogs. Three kittens sailing in a tea cup with a spoon for an oar—no problem!

This towel uses the Colortex process where the lines to be embroidered are printed in color instead of black (or blue). The idea was that you knew which colors to use for embroidering each section. I find them too limited and like to do my own thing when it comes to color. I really don't have time to complete this right now so I'll be setting it aside for a while. It's sure going to make a cute pillow though!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, Janet. That is just too cute. You make the most unique finds. I am soooo jealous.

Alberta Art Classes said...

Embroidering outside of the lines, I'd say. I posted a photo of my spring bed. Front and center is my/your heart pillow, scenting my pillows for a sweet night's sleep. Many thanks.

annasoc said...

Very cute. I loved your naughty kitten pillow a while back and was sad it was gone before I jumped on it.
Anna S.

janet said...

The naughty kitty pillow went to a shop I consign with and it sold around the holidays. Who knows, maybe I'll come across another embroidery in my travels? Naughty kitties are a pretty common motif because, let's face it, kitties are always getting into some sort of trouble. I know mine are :)

crimsoncat05 said...

cuuuute!! I will definitely keep my eye out for when you get it finished!

Anonymous said...

I just love this design! The spoon oar is delightful. Isn't real linen wonderful?
Merry

KR said...

SOOOOOO Sweet! I totally agree you can't have too many cats!

Kristin
http://reclaimingthehome.typepad.com

annasoc said...

My kitty Tati looked like the naughty kitty pillow with her crazy eyes. An artist friend gave me a drawing of a kitty knocking over a vase and it could have been a true-to-life portrait of Tati.

Let me know if you come across another naughty kitty.
Anna

smalltownme said...

My Stichin' Kitty pillow arrived yesterday! It is so cute! I agree, you can't have too many cats.

C. Dianne Zweig said...

Hi Janet.....I am in love with this kitten pillow.......Dianne

P.S. I am new to the blog world.....your blog is wonderful!