9.14.2009

more feedsacks

It's been a feedsack kind of summer for me. I keep finding really pretty ones in patterns I haven't seen before and for reasonable prices, too. These are from my trip to Kutztown on Saturday.

feedsack
The dark lines on this are actually a very dark blue, not black as I originally thought.

feedsack
So much going on with this one; I love the contrast between the geometric background and the bright red-orange daisies on top.

feedsack
I love the bright colors on this but the pattern is kind of a mess; it's a smallish piece and I'll cut it up for bags or tissue cozies.

Otherwise it was a pretty miserable day. It rained all the way there and most of the way back and my eyes were so stressed from driving in all that mist and water that I had to take a nap when I got home. But it was fun being back in Kutztown again and visiting some of the same vendors who were selling at the farmer's market when I went to college there many years ago. Most things were different on the main street, although a few shops were still there. A friend's house at the top of the hill is now a used book store which is sort of funny. She and her roommates were all big readers and their rooms sort of resembled a used book store when they lived there. Overflowing shelves and books piled up here and there. Hee :)

I found a few very cool needlework/sewing-related things that I'll show you in the next couple of posts. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Lee Ann said...

d I ask where you found the feedsacks? I am always on the lookout for an expedition...
:)
Thanks!
Lee Ann

janet said...

Found at Renningers in Kutztown. I've also found some at Shupp's Grove in Adamstown. There's another Renningers in Adamstown, but only open on Sunday so you can combine both into one trip.

Vicki W said...

Oh, I love that first one!

jan said...

I love the red and yellow! A great combo of geometric and organic!