9.29.2006

Studio Friday: Toot Your Own Horn

" Studio Friday, for me, is a network of Artist from all over the world. It's a fabulous way to communicate with and learn from artists of all backgrounds. With this being said, I would love to see a showcase of what YOUR art is. Are you a scrapbooker? A clay artist? Are you a collage artist or a photographer? Do you paint or work in the fibre arts of Knitting, sewing or enbroidery? Are you a gardener a botanist or an eclectic artist of many trades? I'd love to see a piece that you have created that you are most proud of. SHOW off your STUFF!!"
~Gabi


I'm kind of a quiet person and shouting out loud isn't my style. So, I'll let the work speak for itself. Past pillow projects—some embroidered, some patchwork, some a combination of the two. I couldn't pick just one :)

Flower Power
Flower Power
Vintage feedsack with primary color flowers, blue striped feedsack borders, and red polkadot piping

Orange Crush
Orange Crush
Quilt square with appliqued and embroidered orange, orange polkadot cotton, green vintage buttons

Southern Belle
Southern Belle
Vintage table scarf with embroidered Southern Belle, black vintage button, and coordinating new fabrics

Plum Crazy
Plum Crazy
Vintage fabric with plums, pieces from a vintage fruit-motif tablecloth, and vintage solid blue fabric



Can you tell that I like crazy mixes of bright colors :)

More Studio Friday here.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flower Power. I just keep looking at it. The red poppies take it up, the blue cools it back down (but not too far) and the red polka-dot piping balances it all...perfectly. Flawless mixture. Thanks for posting it.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, I love your work!

Unknown said...

Beautiful..love the orange one especially..

Ouissi x

Kendra said...

Such a talent!That is one thing I wish I could learn to do! Beautiful pillows.

Artifax said...

Beautiful pillows. And the colors are wonderful!

AtPlayWithFiber said...

Your work is lovely and I LOVE the bright colors! :D

Junie Moon said...

The pillows are beautiful and look like tons of fun.

Going For Greatness said...

Ohyes these do speak for themselves! It makes me want to go out and buy a house with 100 rooms... one room for each theme!! how lovely they are!!
~Gabi

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun to look at them! Eye catchers on a white couch!

Kim Carney said...

gorgeous!

Nancy Bea Miller said...

Oh wow, these are great! I especially like the Peach and the plum ones.

Nancy Bea Miller said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

you're allowed/suposed to toot for gods sake! ;-) just be proud!

I really like all your designs!

Kate said...

Wow! I love the pillow made using a table runner of Southern Belle. Can you please let me know if the pattern/transfer for this beautiful belle is available? Thanks and God bless!

janet said...

Kate, I bought this runner already completed. I imagine there is a pattern somewhere but I don't know the best way to find it. There are a lot of original transfers sold on Ebay - it may take some digging and patience to find a copy. Patternbee has one that is very similar, perhaps close enough for your purposes. You'll find it here:

http://www.patternbee.com/HL615.html

Kate said...

Thanks Janet,
Thank you so much for the information and pointing me to the patternbee website! I found many other Vogart patterns I was looking for, at patternbee.com. I love your blogs, God bless!
Kate