5.23.2007

my turn

Having been tagged by Charlotte, here are seven somethings about me. I'm not sure how interesting they are, but here goes.

1) I may be the only person on the planet who hates Starbucks coffee. They roast their beans too dark and the resulting coffee tastes like crap. No wonder everyone orders their drinks full of sweeteners, creamers, etc. It's to cover the taste :)

2) I love jewelry and have several friends who are very talented jewelry designers but I rarely wear anything more than my wedding band and simple earrings. That doesn't stop me from buying jewelry but, mostly, I just like to look at the pieces I've collected and admire their craftsmanship.

3) I've never been able to choose between being a city girl or a country girl. I grew up in a city and have lived in several others, but I've spent lots of time in the country, too. Some of my best memories are of the summers I spent with my grandmother when I was 14 and 15. Luckily, I've never really had to choose. I live in the country now, but it's a short drive to both Philadelphia and NYC so I have the best of both worlds!

4) I don't have any children. Sometimes I think "what if?" but for the most part I'm happy with my decision to remain childfree.

5) Like Charlotte, I had my ears pierced the old-fashioned way, by a friends mother in her kitchen. Ice, sewing needle, potato. I got kind of light-headed after the first ear so had to lie on their living room floor for the second one. When I had my second set of holes done, I did it at the mall. It happened so fast that I didn't have time to feel faint.

6) I have never traveled outside of the U.S. Now that I'm finally getting a passport, maybe I'll actually get to do it. I've been drooling over Tara's wonderful photos from her recent trip to Tuscany, and Italy sounds like a definite possibility.

7) I'm not a typical girly-girl. I don't get excited by shoes (and would actually rather not wear them at all), am not so fond of shopping (except for vintage, of course!), and don't wear makeup (or not much anyway). I only read fashion magazines when I get my hair cut. I'm an advertiser's worse nightmare :)

Most of my friends will kill me if I tag them, so I'm breaking the rules and not tagging anyone in particular. Feel free to take up the challenge if you like. If you're new to blogging it's a good way to let people know a little more about you. I've found so many kindred spirits online, mostly through something they said that spoke to me.