11.02.2006

Thrift Thursday: Aprons!

It's been a few weeks since I participated in Thrift Thursday. I do a lot of thrifting in the summer and not so much in the fall and winter. But it rained last Saturday and I couldn't work outside, so I hit some of the local places.

I found three aprons for $3 each. The sheer ones trimmed in fabric are vintage and the one with the yellow/red print is a feedsack print.At least it feels like feedsack and I think I recognize the print. The turquoise gingham apron is newer and I bought it because I want to try chicken-scratch which is crossstitch using the squares in the pattern as a guide. I was a bit disappointed to discover that it's a poly/cotton blend rather than all cotton.

vintage aprons

I also found this cute towel embroidered with the word Bermuda and a tropical-looking cottage. I have some tropical print fabric in my stash and thought I'd make a pillow from it. Unfortunately, when I washed it, what started as a very small hole turned into a much larger one. Using it will involve some creative button placement, I think.

vintage towel

I found a bunch of buttons that I didn't have time to photograph today—maybe they'll be my submission for next week :)

Please visit the Thrift Thursday Flickr group to see more lovely vintage finds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

really cute aprons...I have some cocktail napkins from bermuda.

Anonymous said...

I always love your aprons finds...