7.27.2007

just catching up

Amy asks if I can recommend some online shops that sell white, plain kitchen cloths, pillow covers, baby t-shirts and stuff to be embroidered. I've already mentioned Embroider This as a source for white cotton towels, and they have a good selection of other things to be embroidered, too. Vicki at Pattern Bee did a blog post that listed some of her sources for towels. And some of my fellow crafters have mentioned that Dharma Trading as a good source for baby tees. They also have aprons, pillowcases, tea towels, and a wide variety of what are called "blanks" in the trade.

In other news I'm a sponsor this month at Vintage Indie, a relatively new blog that features the work of crafters and artists who use vintage materials in their work (The Daily Swank), mentions must-visit vintage sources (Reader Shopping Reports), and generally talks about all things vintage and crafty. Thanks to them for the nice Stitch School mention this past week!

And thanks, too, for their mention of Magpie on Main, a shop that I was surprised (and pleased!) to discover, is just ten minutes from my house. Mom and daughter duo, Debbi and Amanda Vonson have a shop filled with all sorts of vintage treasures (including tons of cool jewelry and vintage clothing) and with buttons like these I'll definitely be stopping by on a regular basis!

yellow flower buttons

Magpie on Main, 67 N. Main Street, Carbondale, PA 18407 570.282.1606

9 comments:

montague said...

Thank you so so much! Hugely appreciated!

Junie Moon said...

Thank you for the helpful information and I'm going to visit all the sites you mentioned.

Anonymous said...

Target has great white dish towels too! They are 30"x30" (huge!) and they come 6 for $5.99. So $1 each. And I've embroidered a few and really like them!!!

fleur_delicious said...

wow, I love those buttons. In fact, I think I might *NEED* those buttons! Does magpie have a website? I'm afraid it's much, much farther trip from southern california ...

janet said...

They do indeed have a website at www.magpieonmain.com and I can't believe I forgot a link to it! I went back and added one at the bottom.

I don't think they sell buttons on the site though and I'm afraid I bought those yellow flowers yesterday. While I do sell buttons on my website I love these too much to resell them :)

est said...

those buttons are incredible beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great info! LOVE those buttons--they remind me of buttercups! Happy Days! :o)

ohsweetjosephine said...

so glad you love our store, janet!! and thank you so so much for the plug in your blogs ;)

this made my day...

Anonymous said...

We carry white towels, baby bibs, onesies, diapers and some cute bags to embroider or otherwise embellish. Visit us at http://www.jcarolinecreative.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=JC/CTGY/40
. Enjoy your blog and clever rick rack ideas!