6.13.2007

blog connections

When you have your own business, one of the hardest things is getting people to see your work. Do you spend money (which is always tight) on advertising that may or may not work? Do you send out postcards and newsletters to your mailing list? Do you send samples to magazines? Well, you do all of those things because you don't really know what's going to work. But, of all the things I do, I have to say that blogging has been the least expensive and also the most rewarding. I've met wonderful people that I may not have met otherwise and have found a forum for showing my work to a greater audience.

And sometimes it leads to unexpected opportunities. After being tagged by Charlotte a couple of weeks ago, then checking the blogs of the others who were tagged, I discovered T-Cozy and a kindred spirit in Susan who used to be a graphic designer, is also very tall, and who has very similar tastes in vintage things (sounds a lot like me). One thing led to another and I'm now selling some of my things in her shop in Connecticut. All of which happened in the space of two weeks! It's funny how some things just come together like that.

Susan is featuring some of her recent blog connections this week and wrote about Primrose Design today. I'm thrilled to be featured and to have the opportunity to be part of T-Party Antiques! So, if you live near Darien and want to see my things in person, plan to stop by. And do make a reservation for tea. It looks scrumptious and who could resist these tiny brownie cakes?

Some photos from the shop...


Pillows, handkerchief sachets, and tea towels.


Vintage eyelet sachets and sachet stacks tied with grosgrain ribbon.

I'm hoping to make the three-hour trip to Darien myself later in the summer, perhaps staying overnight and visiting the Elephant's Trunk Country Flea Market in New Milford, CT on the way back. You know me, any chance to visit a new source for vintage goodies :)

T-Party Antiques and Tea Room, 2 Squab Lane, Darien, CT 06820

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your creations look so lovely all lined up together! I just love the combination of fabrics and embroidery.

I also wanted to thank you for your wonderful "stitch school" series - I started in on the lessons yesterday and despite the pile of helpful books I own on embroidery, I was never able to master the simple outline stitch until I followed your photos and advice. I can't wait to try more tonight!

charlotte said...

let me know when you go...maybe meet ya there! xoC

Camilla said...

Your pillows look amazing in those photos- sounds like a lovely place to shop at.

Anonymous said...

Love your little birdie pillow!

Anonymous said...

I, ALSO, want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for stitch school. I thought I was just really bad at embroidery - but I was just doing it all wrong!! I finished my first design tonight (check my blog in a few days for pics) and it turned out AMAZING because I kept referring to your instructions. I LOVE YOU!!!!! :)