6.20.2007

vintage button rack

vintage button rack

My newest Ebay purchase is this vintage button rack from an old store. I'm sure I paid too much for it, but I couldn't help myself. It came with button cards attached (and I can resell some of those buttons to recoup my costs) but that's not why I bought it. It will make the coolest display rack for craft shows (if I ever get around to doing them) or for the shop I dream of having one day.

vintage button rack

I don't sell them on my website but I make fabric-covered buttons with scraps of vintage fabrics left over from other projects. And I package them sewn onto cards and inside little plastic bags with heavy paper folded at the top. Which I could punch with a hole and hang from this rack.

Are you picturing how cute that would be? Especially if I paint the rack a fun color—like turquoise or hot pink :)

9 comments:

liz elayne lamoreux said...

this is wonderful! and i love that it came with buttons...

it would be adorable painted another color and perfect for shows.

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah, I WANT ONE OF THOSE NOW!!!!!!! That's so cute even if you DON'T paint it!

Kary said...

wow ... I want one too! :) What a wonderful item to add to a studio! Congrats on a terrific find!

futuregirl said...

Wow! That's awesome. Especially since it came with the buttons. It will make a perfect display.

Anonymous said...

Love the rack!

~elaine~

Rosemary said...

I'd love to see the buttons, especially if you use feedsacks!

ellen said...

I haven't seen one of those in years. Being one of your "older" persons who read your blog. I grew up with those. What a wonderful gift for me to see this. It brings back so many memories of old (not to me then) fabric stores that had all of the "notions" as they called them. I can still recall the scents of those wonderful places.
Thank you.

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Oh, that's perfect!
Yes, your covered buttons on pretty cards would be too cute.

Last summer I bought an old red rack with little clips that held bags of potato chips in a store.
I use it to hold my hankies. Its like a piece of art on the wall.

Kimberly :)

Wendy said...

that is so cool! it will make a lovely display item!