6.10.2007

a little birdie told me so

My friend Jenny stopped by on Saturday to visit and to pick up a pillow I'd made for her to give as a baby gift. This one uses another of the original quilt blocks I bought several years ago on Ebay and have since turned into the Lil' Birdie Quilt Blocks embroidery pattern. See what cute pillows they make? And they would also make cute framed pictures, or bibs, or to decorate the bodice of a jumper or the front panel on overalls. Of course, you can use all ten of them together in a quilt—that's the original intent.

birdie pillow

The little birdie is looking at his reflection in a silver spoon. How sweet is that?

birdie embroidery

I've actually made quite a few of these pillows and blogged about them here and here. In case I haven't yet convinced you of their absolute adorableness :)

3 comments:

Rocks In My Dryer said...

Just found your stitch school posts--thank you, thank you! I've been looking everywhere just such tutorials, and here you have them all in one place. How wonderful!

Renee said...

It is jsut adorable I love it!

weirdbunny said...

I love this cushion !!! THe whole cushion just stands out so bright with the lovely blues in the bird and fabric - delightful ... Julia