Thrift Thursday 8.10.06

I found this little flower-shaped bowl for $2.00 at an antique store this past spring. It's very small—2.5 inches tall and 4.5 inches in diameter and has five petal-shaped "sides" with a ribbed design on the outside. The photo makes it look like it's butter yellow in color but the yellow actually has a bit of green in it.

yellow bowl

I've seen newer versions of this design in wildly bright colors and without the ribbing that aren't nearly as pretty as this one. I think mine is older and is, perhaps, the inspiration for the copies. There are no marks on the bottom so it's bit of a mystery.

yellow bowl

It's the perfect size to hold beads and buttons, and that's exactly it's purpose in my studio.

More Thrift Thursday here.


One Little Monkey said...

That's really pretty!

Carrie said...

My mom had (and maybe still does) a set of these in white, ribbing and all. I can't remember where or when she got them, but I remember using them for ice cream when I was growing up. I recently saw some while thrifting, but in not so good condition, or I'd have bought them!

June said...

It's a lovely little bowl. In addition to holding pins and other assorted tiny things, you could draw around it and make a pattern to use.

Lauren said...

So cute!!