12.15.2006

Studio Friday: PURELY WHITE!

"All these colour combos have given me an idea, especially with christmas coming...to do a 'white christmas' studio friday...where artists put together whatever they want...only using neutrals...or to be really strict....white, (being a textile artist its great to get back to basics and to restrict oneself to just one colour, then see how many different surfaces or textures you can find.)" ~ Jo

Some white things from my studio...

white

Row 1: Pin-tucking, vintage button, vintage cutwork embroidery
Row 2: vintage crocheted doily, hairpin lace, pearl buttons
Row 3: white-on-white embroidery, white flower buttons, daisy trim
Row 4: embroidered eyelet, pearl buttons and seed pearls, white crocheted lace

It was nice to take a break from all that color of the past two themes. And white just makes me think of Christmas so it was the perfect theme for this week. Want to see more? Check 'em out here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! I love all the white! The delicate buttons are so lovely!

Anonymous said...

I really like the way you've arranged them all.

Anonymous said...

I love the collage of white. It's a great mix of different shades of white and textural elements

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful collage of whites! I like the different textures and designs.

Camilla said...

Lovely lovely- i'm keeping my fingers crossed that 2007 brings a fixed computer, a new camera and maybe even a printer that starts working again. I've missed reading everyone's blogs, next month i'm going to start again with Studio Friday and see if I can keep things going without too many technological failures!

Cindy Tobey said...

Lovely!

tlchang said...

White on white is absolutely one of my favorite 'color' themes.