10.29.2006

So excited

crafters_companion

My hot-off-the-press copy of The Crafter's Companion arrived yesterday! I had pre-ordered it as a birthday present to myself a few weeks ago and was eagerly awaiting it's appearance in my mailbox. And it's as wonderful as I knew it would be. Beautiful photos, fun projects, and lots of familiar names from the crafty blog community—Amy Karol (Angry Chicken), Heidi Kenney (My Paper Crane), Hillary Lang (Wee Wonderfuls) and Sarah Neuburger (The Small Object) to name just a few (there are 17 in all). I flipped though it quickly to look at the pictures - what can I say, I'm a visual person. But, I can't wait to sit down and read every word. I love to read about what inspires other artists, don't you?

Since everyone's been commenting to thank me for the links here's a list of the other 13 contributors:
Alison Brookbanks, Six and a Half Stitches
Anna Torborg, Twelve 22
Cassi Griffin, Bella Dia
Fiona Dalton, Hop Skip Jump
Juju Vail, Juju Loves Polkadots
Katey Nicosia, One Good Bumblebee
Lisa Congdon, Bird in the Hand
Lyn Roberts, Molly Chicken
Maitreya Dunham, Craftlog
Mariko Fujinaka, Super Eggplant
Myra Masuda, My Little Mochi
Tania Ho, Chocolate A Chuva
Tania Howells, Tania

3 comments:

Junie Moon said...

I received my copy the other day and immediately sat down to read it. I agree, I adore discovering what inspires others to create their fabulous things.

deb said...

I definitely need to get my hands on this. thanks for posting links to who is featured too.

Camilla said...

I've decided to splash out on a copy of this- I need some cheering up and buying a book like this feeds the 'need to be indulgent' whilst still seeming practical.